Sorting and Comments

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Hello,

I’m using KiGG for a dutch site where people can share political articles: PartijPolitiekNieuws.nl and I'm very happy with it. However, I have two questions, maybe someone is able to help me.

1. Currently the homepage items are sorted, based on several criteria (votes, userscore, etc). What can I do to sort the homepage in such a way that the latest articles are displayed on top?

2. Although people do comment on articles, most visitors are not aware of these comments. Is there an easy way to display comments to articles in the right sidebar? I was thinking of using a RSS feed and display this feed in a widget. Is there such a feed or is there an easy way to create it?

Please note that I’m not a developer :(

Regards and thanks for your time,
Jos

Developer
Oct 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hi Jos,

Your site is looking very good. Congratulations. The sorting mechanism is a huge puzzle. I have seen the code and I did understand a bit but I am not entirely sure about the algorithm. I don't want to give you the false information.

Regarding the comments RSS feed, I am planning to implement facebook comment section in to kiGG application. If I can successfully implement this into kiGG then it will become easier to show the RSS feed just like you are showing other feeds using widgetbox.

In the mean time you stay tuned. If you want to reach me you can email me then we will discuss further. I would like to meet like minded people so keep in touch.

Cheers,

Narendra

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Thanks Narendra, goodluck with your changes to KiGG. Unfortunately I’m not a developer so I can’t help you.

Regards,

Jos