Considering KIGG for a site a bit different

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM
For my next web site I would prefer not to write everything from scratch.  At the same time I don't want to be looked to much into a framework, as I think I would be with DotNetNuke for example.   It is not exactly a DIGG clone, but there are user created articles with comments, rankings etc. 

The idea is to take KIGG as a starting point, and modify all user-facing views (We need dynamic language anyway). 

I am thinking of KIGG, because it seems to be quite nice,  a lot of stuff is available in the package while the framework itself is not that many manmonths .  Also I hope the MVC thing can make things easier.

A -point is that it seems to be developer-oriented - the editor for example and this Open ID thing instead of the .NET framework membership provider.

Some general requirements
So I would like something that I can use at all levels.
  1. Access the DB (SQL Server) directly (The DB layout should not be much more complex than a self written app)
  2. Business logic
  3. Interface components (Web parts/Controls) -For example login, most read articles.

For the fronted there should be sample pages that I can easily change.  (Not to database driven)

Thanks - Olav

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Sure go a head and do let us know if you find any issue.