Subscribe and unsubscribe to story comments require submitting a comment!

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 3:47 AM
Subscribe and unsubscribe to story comments require submitting a comment! Am I the only one who has this issue or it is missing implementation?
I faced that when I submitting a comment and wished to subscribe and then unsubscribe to a specific story. I noticed that subscribing or unsubscribing through checkbox is doing any action, the actually update and action is done when you hit submit.
I think there should be an action upon checking/unchecking the checkbox as I might need to subscribe or unsubscribe without posting a comment
Apr 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM
I was thinking about that also, but for now nobody complained about that. Maybe it would be nice to have such ability. The best is to ask your users if they need something like that :).
The only thing that I got complains about is that if you've already posted a comment and your are doing it again you will get an e-mail notification about your own comment. I changed that so the author of the comment is not getting a notification. You might consider doing that is one of the upcoming releases.

Kind regards,
Pawel
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 2:58 PM
You know, here in codeplex it also send you e-mail notification about your own replies to :o) . As you said this should be also an option for the user to recieve his own posted stuff or not
Apr 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Yes I know. It's a bit annoying, isn't it. :)
I think it's a good idea to give the user flexibility to choose what they prefer.