Kigg and web-services

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Hi there,
First, many respects to you guys who create this pretty cool project, well done!
I really like how Kigg is designed, especially the provided solution of plugable data model is just great.
In my project I need the similar kind of abstraction from any possible data layer, so I’m thinking about Kigg stuff as a nice starting point for me. But my situation is a bit more complicated because it requires an additional player - a web service that deals with all domain logic. Have you considered such type of scenario for Kigg?
So, could you point out the main parts of Kigg codebase that need to be changed in such case? Here is a short list, please put me right if I’ve missed something:
1) Move any use of Kigg,Core, Kigg.Infrastructure.EF, Kigg.Infrastructure.LinkqToSql to the webservice side.
The main problem here is what types I need to return to client side on web-methods calls. It looks like Kigg.Core/ Infrastructure Entity types can’t be returned to the client because it breaks the independence from data layer condition, right?
2) Revise Kigg.Web/ViewData classes so as to use webservice instead of Kigg.Core.  Are there any other places within Kigg.Web project?
Is it possible to do this without rewriting the whole stuff?
Thank you in advance, 
Regards,
Vlad

Hi there,

First, many respects to you guys who create this pretty cool project, well done!

I really like how Kigg is designed, especially the provided solution of plugable data model is just great.

In my project I need the similar kind of abstraction from any possible data layer, so I’m thinking about Kigg stuff as a nice starting point for me. But my situation is a bit more complicated because it requires an additional player - a web service that deals with all domain logic. Have you considered such type of scenario for Kigg?

So, could you point out the main parts of Kigg codebase that need to be changed in such case? Here is a short list, please put me right if I’ve missed something:

1) Move any use of Kigg,Core, Kigg.Infrastructure.EF, Kigg.Infrastructure.LinkqToSql to the webservice side.

The main problem here is what types I need to return to client side on web-methods calls. It looks like Kigg.Core/ Infrastructure Entity types can’t be returned to the client because it breaks the independence from data layer condition, right?

2) Revise Kigg.Web/ViewData classes so as to use webservice instead of Kigg.Core.  Are there any other places within Kigg.Web project?

Is it possible to do this without rewriting the whole stuff?

Thank you in advance, 

Regards,

Vlad